At Loreto we value the excellent education we provide, and are doing our best to find ways to continue to provide it even in the event of the school being forced to close temporarily. Our staff continue to work hard to develop a learning platform which can be accessed from home, and which will enable parents to work with their children, continuing the curriculum in order to minimize the interruption to their schooling.
All work and live remote contact sessions will be accessed using Microsoft Teams. Children from Nursery 1 to Year 6 have personalised login details. This enables your child to access the Microsoft Office suite which includes the latest applications, e.g. Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Whiteboard etc.
All our Nursery classes are part of a ‘Nursery Live’ cohort where we aim to provide up to 2 hours of provision for children.
Should Teams not be accessible then you will be able to the resources for your child through their class SharePoint site. Children can only access their class resources.
Further information and support can be found in he tab heading below.
Here are some excellent websites below that you can access directly with your children.
- OAK NATIONAL ACADEMY Every lesson is free to use. To complement our own Loreto Resources and remote teaching parents can access all resources to support home learning.
- BBC Primary website. Video content is restricted.
- The school subscribes to a website called Twinkl. We have been able to give all parents of children at Loreto one months free access to high-quality learning resources to support home schooling. Setting this up is really easy – go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code GIBTWINKLHELPS
- www.switcheroozoo.com – Play game and learn about animals
- www.funbrain.com – Math and reading skill games
- www.kids.nationalgeographic.com – Learn about geography and animals
- www.pbs.org – Hang out with your favourite character whilst learning
- www.reading.ecb.org – Go “into the book” to play games that practice reading strategies
- www.starfall.com – Practice your phonics skills with read-along stories
- www.seussville.com – Read, play games with Dr. Seuss
- www.storylineonline.net – Have some of your favourite stories read to you by movie stars
- www.abcya.com – Maths and Reading skills learnt through games
- wwwhighlightskids.com – Read and conduct cool science experiments
To view/print attachments a PDF viewer or similar might be required, available to download here.
For any queries regarding the content of this page please contact email@example.com
Help & Support
Attachments might require a PDF reader installed on your device Please download Adobe PDF here.
Should you require support with using the schools Office 365 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we aim to reply within 48 hours, Monday to Friday.
If you would like reset your child’s password on their account then please complete this form. Permission to be granted and you will be prompted when you login to www.office.com to complete the setup process.
To access your child’s resources on Teams you will need your child’s school email address and password. This has been sent to a parental email address where you can then login to www.office.com . Once you have logged in successfully, please click on the STAR in the top right corner to follow (bookmark) the page for future access.
Should you need to ask a question regarding work please use the OUTLOOK email application in Office 365 and send an email from your child’s account. Contact email address are here.
Work for children that have support from our SEND department can access resources in the SEND folder from our LRC.
Microsoft Teams support
|Photo’s of home email@example.com|
|Year 1 Teachersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Year 2 Teachersemail@example.com|
|Year 3 Teachersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Year 4 Teachersemail@example.com|
|Year 5 Teachersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Year 6 Teachersemail@example.com|