At Loreto we value the excellent education we provide, and are doing our best to find ways to continue to provide it even in the event of the school being forced to close temporarily. Our staff continues to work hard to develop a Remote Learning Environment which can be accessed from home, and which will enable parents to work with their children in order to minimize the interruption to their schooling. We are proud to announce that to start our Summer term on 20th April, we will be introducing live remote contact sessions using Microsoft Teams. These sessions are still being developed and are unchartered territory for staff, pupils and parents, however we are moving to establish more personalised contact with children as we all develop.
First and Middle School Weekly Home Learning
Home Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
First and Middle School children using our Microsoft Office platform can get support and guidance, including direct links to each year group page here.
Resources will now be published at 5pm on the Friday before for each week, during term time only
Remote Class Teacher Online Contact
We are proud to announce that to start our Summer term on 20th April, we introduced live remote contact sessions using Microsoft Teams. These sessions are still being developed and are unchartered territory for staff, pupils and parents, however we are moving to establish more personalised contact with children as we all develop.
Please see your child’s timetable in their Teams or Outlook calendar for Remote Sessions.
For support in accessing Microsoft Teams via Office 365 or the App please visit our Help & Support section.
Nursery, Pre School, Reception, P.E and Library Resources
Please find above the work for each year group for this week, along with some excellent websites below that you can access directly with your children.
- OAK NATIONAL ACADEMY Every lesson is free to use. To complement our own Loreto Resources and remote teaching parents can access all resources to support home learning.
- BBC Primary website. Video content is restricted.
- The school subscribes to a website called Twinkl. We have been able to give all parents of children at Loreto one months free access to high-quality learning resources to support home schooling. Setting this up is really easy – go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code GIBTWINKLHELPS
- www.switcheroozoo.com – Play game and learn about animals
- www.funbrain.com – Math and reading skill games
- www.kids.nationalgeographic.com – Learn about geography and animals
- www.pbs.org – Hang out with your favourite character whilst learning
- www.reading.ecb.org – Go “into the book” to play games that practice reading strategies
- www.starfall.com – Practice your phonics skills with read-along stories
- www.seussville.com – Read, play games with Dr. Seuss
- www.storylineonline.net – Have some of your favourite stories read to you by movie stars
- www.abcya.com – Maths and Reading skills learnt through games
- wwwhighlightskids.com – Read and conduct cool science experiments
To view/print attachments a PDF viewer or similar might be required, available to download here.
For any queries regarding the content of this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org